Surge protektion for small DC motor

Karsten

Hello. Will Connect a small DC motor on plc DO. 24 volt 200mA.

Hos to selet diode or varistor for surge protection?

The output of the PLC must be checked if it is possible to have this 200 mA out, and if this is sourcing or sinking.

If not use a very simple FET and a diode (1N4004).
my son does this for his AVR with 5 volts to 24 volts.
please use a few resistors on the Gate

Hos to selet diode or varistor for surge protection?
The PLC logic cannot drive a motor directly. The selected output must be defined for an inductive load (ie motor). The circuits that define a driver (ie transistor) for inductive loads will already have the 'surge protection' circuit you desire.

Of course, you can implement it with additional parts. But to know how to do that means you would not be asking. Better is to select a port that can drive 200 ma at 24 VDC. And that is designed for inductive loads.