1336 VFD Showing current with nothing attached

rdj59

Hi, I have a 1336 VFD drive that would trip out on overcurrent. Replaced the IGBTs and i'm still getting the same fault. I disconnected the motor from the drive and i was still showing current. At 0hz i was seeing around 8-10 amps and at 60hz i'm seeing around .5 amps. I'm looking for possible areas to check out. One thought i have in my mind is that a current transformer might be giving a false reading.
Thanks for the help,
Jeramie

Could be the current transformers but, since you've replaced the IGBT's, I'd start wondering about the IGBT firing board. At some point, you are going to have to determine if this generation-old drive is worth repairing.

The main control baord will give you lots of funky data when it is taking a dump. I had a lot of those here a few years back. I have torn out and replace a little over 200 of them to date.

We found it very challenging to get spare parts for many models and even rockwell is having a tough time getting the core parts to repair them. We were haveing 6-8 weeks laed time to get them fixed if at all and this was through rockwells repair loop.

Is this really an old "Bulletin 1336" drive?

There were three hardware platforms that used that name; the original 1336 Classic, the 1336 Plus, and the 1336 Plus II.

There were also high-performance versions; the 1336 FORCE and 1336 IMPACT.

Ken

I don't know what the OP has but my comments were from the Force and IMpact point of view and primaritly force. I think the obselesence comments hold true for the entire series though if I am not mistaken.