Comms setting for slc 5/03 to Redlion G306

iamstruggling

HI,
As you can see from my name ! I am struggling !
I am trying to get my SLC 5/03 talking to and working with my RED LION G306 Hmi.

I have tried all ways, i am using a Home made RS232 to DF1 l
http://www.redlion.net/Support/InfoSheet/G3-DF1DH485.pdf

I Have even swapped the pins round from 2-3 3-5 & 5-2 from the RJ12 end to the 9pin din to the 3-2 5-3 &2-5 from the RJ12 end to the 9pin din but still nothing.

Just to test the hmi i mad a simple rung in the plc of one input. internal but from a tag in the redlion and an output.

But no matter what i try im failing !.
Any step by step help will by very much appriciated.

I have been using RSLogix 500 software and PLC5 for several years and written some complex progs, but have done very little with hmi interface. A little with the older Allen Bradley HMI's (Panel View 550) but nothing with the RED lions .

Is there another way to connect the SLC 5/03 to the G306 other than the RJ12 to 9pin cable, like ethernet/RJ45 or similar.
But obviously i still need to talk to the PLC with the pic or uic lead via the RS485/RJ45 on the processor

Thanks in advance
Screen shots or step by step guides would be very helpful.

4.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Can you zip and post your files? What version are you running by the way?

I have wired a SLC DF1 protocol at 38.4k with a three wire home made cable. I can get you the exact pinout in two days time. I always build the db9 ends last, and stab the pins without the shell test comms before seating them.

Yes, you need the RJ12 to access the serial port.

The drop number should not matter for DF1, but you mention UIC, PIC.

What is the driver you chose, (it's chopped in the screenshot)?

Another trick, not sure what it means, if it still means anything in the newer versions of Crimson, but there should be a slot number field, set that to 65535. Red Lion tech support had me do this once, and it has worked another time for me, especially when bridged through a NET-ENI or Digi One IAP.

I think you want point to point DF1 as you have it 19.2k is fine, actually better since it is a default rate for newer SLCs. The other RJ45 port on the 5/03 would be accessed with a DH485 device, I suppose that is what you meant? Yes, there is no seamless way to pass through program the SLC connected this way.

You could put a Digi One IAP next to the SLC 5/0x, and hook it to the serial port DF1 19.2k and also to ethernet, then use the ethernet port on the G306 put them all in the same subnet and program either remotely.