AB ASCII Programming

roxtech

Hi Dears,
we are using Micro logix 1400 with modbus RS485. Now according to modbus we read 40001 Holding address in plc form a indicator. which is working fine. My question is How can we add one more indicator in plc which have only stander RS232C signel on ASCII. I donot under stand how we configer it in PLC programming. For example it want to read weight data from weighing indicator.<NET>? first of all I set ch 2 to ASCII.
My parameter is.
Driver ASCII.
BAUD 9600.
Parity None.
Stop Bit 1.
Data Bit 8.

How can I read data From indicator.
Please give me example code.
in Modbus we use MSG instruction and fill up setup parameter then its work ok.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello everybody. I am currently trying to send ZPL commands to a Zebra zt410 from a compactlogix L30ER with v30 studio 5000. I am connected to the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to build an inventory management system that receives part numbers(Format, 123-45:67) from a bar code scanner and uses Allen...
Replies
Views
HI, i am having trouble trying to differentiate between 2 strings using just integers, so i need to do a string compare and use the letters to...
Replies
Views
Hi all- first timer here. I am a process control tech assigned a new to me task. Since i am not a true programmer am having trouble with the...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I am completely new to Ascii and I wanted to know if anyone has any idea how to get started, maybe some online tutorials or...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom