Omron Count Down

Deejay55

I am more used to RSLogix 500 programming, and while I have been doing it a little while I know I still have a lot to learn. The test engineers asked me to do a small project for them. I had to learn Omron CX Programmer 8.0 for a CP1L PLC. I have the main part of the program written however I need 6 different counters that count down from 25000 each time the cycle is complete. One of the other things is they have to be able to change the set value depending on requests. Touch panel will be Pro-Face GP-4301 TM. If someone could point me in a direction I have a little bit of familiarity with scripted text, but I would prefer to stay away from it since after the project is complete those maintaining the equipment might not understand it.

Thanks

Omron is standard configured for the old BCD timers/counters - you have to right click on the PLC and select binary timers and counters to get numbers larger then 9999. The timers will then be TIMX and the counters CNTX not TIM and CNT. The prefix to the period will be & rather than #. Once you get used to Omron the flexibility is quite amazing, like any other PLC it is a matter of familiarity. I am not familiar with Proface - I use Omron screens as the simulator automatically works between the screen and PLC. No scripted text required to the best of my knowledge. CX-P version 8 is really old - I am using version 9.42.

Unfortunately it says that CNTX is not available for the CP1L model. This wouldn't be a conflict that I am using an older version of CX Programmer? In either case thanks for trying.

Unfortunately it says that CNTX is not available for the CP1L model
Not true - it is available - I use binary with the CP1L all the time - follow the instructions I posted.
Why is your CX-P so far out of date? I check for updates online every week.
No good to be out of date with new PLCs, bug fixes, new instructions.

Both the CNTX (binary counter) and CNTRX (reversible counter) are available in the CP1L.
Your copy of CX-One is really old. The current version is 9.42.