WinCC flexible Question

brian7619

Hello all,

I have a question regarding a WinCC hmi program. When I look in the error message section of the program under discrete alarms I find a trigger bit corresponding to an error message that will show up on the hmi. I am wondering how to find that in the s7-400 program. The version of WinCC is 2008 sp3 v1.4.0.0_1.16.1.16 and the S7-400 is v5.5 + sp2 K5.5.2.0. I am just looking to be able to trace errors back from the hmi messages into the ladder logic for troubleshooting purposes. Very new to this so if anything is worded improperly or any info is missing I apologize.

Thanks,
Brian

You should see the trigger address of the trigger tag by the alarm. Note the bit for the alarm does not match the address directly. This is the Big-Endian Little-Endian bit swap.

WinccFlex_alarms.jpg

I do see the trigger address just not sure how to find it in the program, for example in your screen shot how do you locate where DBX 0.3 is? I tried searching using the "GO TO LOCATION" command but had no luck