Crimson USB driver install failure on Win 7

RussMathis

Newb here, Have a CUD5B000 disp with USB option board.

Installed crimson 3.
Installed the USB option board.

Connected CUD5B000 windows said it could not find driver.

Tried to install driver manually; found device folder in red lion application folder selected the inf file and was prompted to select from 1 of 3 Red Lion Control choices; 1 G3 HMI, 2 G3 Loader, G3 Test.

I first tried GM HMI but windows said it could not be started giving and error (10).

So I subsequently tried the other two with the same result "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Can any body help with this issue?

Thanks RM

Figured it out!

Seems, Red Lion's Crimson 2.0 software is the only one compatible with the CUD5. Had to remove the entry from windows 7 device list after disconnecting the CUD. Then update Crimson 2.0 with the lastest version from the update menu choice. The update provided some new drivers compatible within windows 7.

However, I actually need to collect data from the CUD5 device not set the parameters which is the only action available from the Crimson Red Lion software, according to their tech.

The Red Lion Tech said I need to find some 3rd party software and use either an RS232 or RS438 option card to access the data. However, with some programming experience behind me I hope to achieve this part myself. However, if anyone has any input or experience connecting with 232 or 438 I would greately appreciate the input. Think the RS232 would be best communication from my laptop? Are their any issues when connecting with the CUD5 and RS232?

Hey, thanks OKIEPC for the reply.

Is it a CUB5? I have used them, but only in standalone apps. I'd expect the serial connection to be fairly straightforward (RS-232).

If it's really CUD5, it must be something they no longer make?