ACS800 Motion Control

This is the drive my customer bought, plc will be a L61 controllogix, servo board, two incremental encoders. It´s a flying cutoff for steel pipe plant. A Saw will be used to cut the pipes. I´ve designed flying cutoff in the past but never with a ABB ACS800 drive.

In that case, the ACS800 should work fine. You might be able to get away without having a motor encoder connection to the drive, but to get the best torque from the system use encoder feedback to the drive.

Hi, Does anyone know if there is an encoder interface for the ACS800 drive, that is compatible with an encoder splitter that uses line driver as output. ABB Colombia says there is no such option board.
My application uses an encoder on the motor and the splitter is used to send signals to a Controllogix board 1756-M02AE and the ACS800 drive at the same time.

There are some iffy issues with your application's components.
You are stating that the encoder to be used is a "line driver"(digital) type, however, 1756-M02AE is an Analog Encoder (AE) Servo Module; there is a contradiction as to what type of feedback you are going to use.
If 1756-M02AE is "locked" you will have to use an Analog Encoder (resolver); The ABB ACS 800 provides options for analog feedback devices, one of which is the RRIA-01 module.(http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/sc...328dfbc12571a3003a0c8d/$file/EN_RRIA_UM_B.pdf)
If the "line driver" (pulse) encoder is "locked" then you will have to use an ACS 800 interface such as the RTAC-01 module.
http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/sc...5587c8c1256d280040056e/$file/en_rtac_um_a.pdf
Now back to the "splitter"...I would be very cautious when trying to "split" any type of signal to be used within a motion application...As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever encountered this type of "integration"...
The drive should be integated with the motion controller via bus, high-level communications (Ethernet, SERCOS, etc)thus preseving the quality of any feedback devices' signals.

original drawings

Hi Dmargineau.

First of all thanks for your answer. Attached you will find a drawing with the original design, I changed nothing. The customer decided to use an ACS800 drive instead of the original drive from rockwell.
The customer bought this unit in USA, I contacted Rockwell but had no luck, nobody knows where the original program is. I´m just using the original hardware and designing my own program, but have difficulty when communicating ACS800 drive with encoder thru the splitter.
I´m using RTAC-01 encoder board on the drive but this board seems to work only with open collector, push pull and open emitter connection.The splitter uses line driver as output.
Not sure if i need to change splitter model in order to receive pulses from encoder and send them to servo board and drive at the same time. I´m waiting for an answer from ABB in order to proceed.