Logix5000 Socket Communication

Check RA's knowledgebase.
I believe I recently saw an article on it.
Unfortunately, I'm not at my working computer, so I can't access it.

Hi Ed, welcome to the Forum.

I don't want to be presumptive about you or your application, but we see this question monthly here. It is always, ALWAYS, easier, faster, more reliable, and cheaper to use one of the pre-developed communication drivers to communicate between a PLC and a PC or server. Use OPC-DA, OPC-UA, Modbus/TCP, the PLCIO or RTA libraries... anything but "open a socket and send a string".

But to answer your direct question, the Socket object programming reference is RA Publication ENET-AT002.

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm having an issue with creating a socket using a message instruction. I've attempted to copy the data structures from sample programs...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm trying to communicate with 1768 eweb with Socket Interface. the manual says that i must initialize a MSG instruction, and select Create...
Replies
Views
Hi! So my problem is a little funky, I had Studio 5000 v 24 and 30 installed, but forgot to install RSLogix (which I cannot go without). Is there...
Replies
Views
So I had an odd request from a customer for the above. I have written the logic and tested it all in one PLC with only using 7 outputs and 7...
Replies
Views
I'm a Siemens person, and this is one of my first AB programs. The customer wants everything programmed in Ladder. I have a lot of data (3...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom