TP177A v 1.4.0.2 and Wincc Flexible

saeed_en

Hello everybody

I'm useing TP177A v 1.4.0.2 as touch panel.In wincc flexible
when i choose this type,there is no device appear in the"select device for transfer" windows but if i choose TP177A v1.6.0.1 i can select device for transfer.

anybody can help me

Thank you

In the lower right corner of the dialog box where you can change the screen type, is a combo box where you can select the firmware version of the target device. Or you could build your application with the latest firmware version and upgrade the HMI when you download the application to it.

Jesper, Why do you say do not change the version of the device? Flex always creates a new project with the latest OS image / firmware. If the HMI is an older unit and you do not wish to update, why not change the version to use the older FW ?

You cant compile other device versions than the one that matches the version of WinCC Flexible.
That, or there is a trick that I dont know.
I dont understand why it is possible to change the device version manually. I cant see any purpose of it.

Jesper,
Thanks. I just tried to compile a flex project to a different version - I had actually never tried before. As expected - You're right!
Why do they let you change it if you can't compile? Silly!

So the OP's only option is to update the OS in the HMI.

Have a virtual beer on me!

🍺

Do not change the "Version of device" from the version that WinCC Flexible suggest automatically.
Why do you want to change from v1.4.0.2 to v1.6.0.1 ?
Dear Jesper I explain the story.
In our plan(steel cold mill)there is one TP177A v1.4.0.2 and the V in the WinccFlexible was 1.6.0.1.
I did some modificatin(pages and tags.....)and try to transfer.during the transfering ask me for Opeating system update and i accept and transfering became compelete without any problem.but when i connect the profibaus connector to the device,profibus network goes down and CPU see nothing.
after that to solve the problem i tried to change version from v1.6.0.2 to v1.4.0.2 in the original application that when i choose the v1.4.0.2 there is no device appear in the "select device for transfer " windows.

Last edited: