char to plc from wincc

harrydeharry

hi. I wish to send a char to plc and wish to check it.
I am trying to send a char string to PLC from wincc I made a 8bot char tag in wincc and address db5.dbd0
and in db5 i made it string[1] but the char from wincc to plc not going..I never did it before, so I dont know how to do it.
thanks for help in advance
harry :unsure:

hi. I wish to send a char to plc and wish to check it.
I am trying to send a char string to PLC from wincc I made a 8bot char tag in wincc and address db5.dbd0
and in db5 i made it string[1] but the char from wincc to plc not going..I never did it before, so I dont know how to do it.
thanks for help in advance
harry :unsure:

Hello,
first of all you need to create a tag like this:
93748943.png

After that add I/O box what you want on wincc:
68167071.png

Create on DB like this:
20408354.png

After that try to write something on you I/O box on wincc.
Regards.

ok thanks a lot to all who already answered this question in the forum...I searched it found the answer...Mr SHKODRAN was right...in fact I was doing the same but i was monitoring it on DB where it was not showing anything so i thought m doing wrong...when I monitor it byte by byte it was showing.... thanks a lot...

......Now I wish to send the char to an internal tag and after pressing a bottom on the winCC I want to transfer this value to plc tag. for that I write on the mouse click event GetTagDword("destination tag", "source tag"); but not getting any value ..is it the write mathode or how should I do it. both the tag are text tag 8 bit character set , both are working well and showing no address error.

Thanks for help in advance

Last edited:
......Now I wish to send the char to an internal tag and after pressing a bottom on the winCC I want to transfer this value to plc tag. for that I write on the mouse click event GetTagDword("destination tag", "source tag"); but not getting any value ..is it the write mathode or how should I do it. both the tag are text tag 8 bit character set , both are working well and showing no address error.

Thanks for help in advance

Dear ,
can you post here your wincc project , so we understand better what you want to do.I do not understand the meaning to pass the value of a internal variable to another one..
Happy new year.

the project is too big to post....its approx 10mb....I just want to copy the characters in a internal tag to external tag when I click the button....
BR
Harry

and A very happy new year to you sir.