FT View ME Macro command help

jskidmore

I am trying to create a macro that displays local message displays when a tag value turns to 1. My issue is figuring out the command for the expression of the macro to use. I am using a Panelview Plus.

Hi
You could just use the visable tag in the properties tab and use the tag which changes from 0 to 1 to display the information banner for you

Donnchadh

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. I am using the macros because I am wanting to create a FIFO stack of a list of five alarms that will be displayed as local display messages. The screen will constantly be displayed on a monitor and the macro will be running constantly checking for newest alarm bits that get turned on. I apologize if this is unlcear.

Use your macro to write string data (the text of your message) to an internal memory string tag. Then use a String display object to show the tag data.

Alternatively, using the "local message" function, no macro is needed. Create a local message file and then define what value triggers which message. If the tag has a "1" display this message, if it has a "2" display this message.

OG

jskidmore,

It has been difficult in my experience to make a macro run continually in the background. I'm not saying it can't be done, just I didn't have any luck with it.

BD

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. I am using the macros because I am wanting to create a FIFO stack of a list of five alarms that will be displayed as local display messages. The screen will constantly be displayed on a monitor and the macro will be running constantly checking for newest alarm bits that get turned on. I apologize if this is unlcear.

Are you wanting all 5 alarm message displays to become visible at once when a new alrm occurs? If so, just group all 5 together and condition their collective visibility off of the "New_Alarm" tag.
You COULD do a FIFO in a macro, but I wouldn't recommend it. Handle that logic in the PLC, if possible. It will be simpler to implement, and more stable. Just my $. 02