Siemens Hardware configuration, change at runtime?

AlecTek

My question is about multipanel, comfort panel, and pcs7 box.

I am wondering if the customer operator can press a button to change the HW configuration?

Further expectation is: the operator is able to select slot number, and module type from a few predetermined lib on each slot.

I hope I made me clear :cry: Thanks in advance!

Just had a PCS7 class a few weeks ago... and from that experience I would say no. Be interesting to see what the experienced users have to say.

hi I am not the expert but I have seen in the running project of my company machines that the DP slaves can be enable and disable through HMI.

br

Thank you all for the replies.

Our systems usually have several DP slaves, but if one is unplugged from the profibus, only a bus fault shows, everything is still working.

what I am concerning is I have one or two ET200S I/O rack, and depends on different customers we supply different modules, or different amount of modules, so if the hardware configuration can be done during runtime, our technician can do the finishing work.