problem downloading to siemens/ti processor

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
The error we get is:

"The address element is out of range.
The valid range for TCP type addresses is 1 to 20480."

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions. it seems like there may be a register in the program that has to big of a number in it.

The processor is a ti555-1106.

Last edited:
I havent got my tech to download it yet, butI did find a up counter in the program that has a preset value of 32000. Im going to get him to try changing that preset value to 20000. I would think that this may be causing the error, but I thought that the tcp/tcc values could hold numbers up to 65535?

Ok, that didnt seem to work. Im not sure what the issue is. Perhaps there is a hardware issue with the processor on the site.

TCP is referring to a Timer Counter Preset. Somewhere in your program you must be trying to address a TCP value greater than the memory is configured for, i.e. greater than the available number of timer/counters.

Maybe you are trying to preset a Timer/counter with an LDC box function.

Hope this makes sense, nearly 5 in the morning here.

Regards,
Barry

Thanks for the answer. I checked in the program and there doesnt seem to be and ldc's accessing the tcp or tcc registers. actually the only place I found tcc registers being used(outside of in the timers/counters obviously) was in a special function program, and all they were doing was calculating a number based on the values in the tcc registers. Im kind of stumped.

I did look at the numbers assigned to the various counters/timers and the highest TC value is 115. looking at the PLC configuration menu, Under memory configuration, the T/C(k) data types are setup as user = 20 and system = 100. would this cause a problem being that the highest tc = 115 and the system is set for 100? There arent 100 timers/counters used, they skipped around quite a bit.

It maybe not an LDC, it could be a movw or maybe its done indirectly with mwi. If using tisoft do a search for TCP with no value and everywhere a TCP is accessed will be found in the ladder. Not sure if this is the case for softshop but i presume so. Maybe also post the sfpgm if not to large.

Regards,
Barry.

Last edited:
Barry, I appreciate your help. I searched for all of the instructions that you mentioned but none seem to access tcp memory. If I try to search for just tcp it kicks back an error saying that an element must be used. So I guess in the software we are using, plc workshop by fastracks, They wont let you search just for the memory type.

I am attaching the program if anyone wants to take a stab at it. I would certainly appreciate a second set of eyes on it, but I just dont see anything that would cause the error.

Never used fasttrak. I downloaded the demo version. Can you recreate the error without an actual plc like compiling the program. Your program seems very short for what loops and alarms are programmed. Is it only 25 or so rungs long?

That error message means that the program is referencing a timer or counter address that is above the assigned memory allocation. This does not mean the preset value but the memory address of the timer/counter. When you try to download are you downloading the configuration data along with the ladder, or just the ladder. If just the ladder the PLC might not have enough memory assigned to account for all the timers. You can do a cross reference to see all of the timer/counter locations that are being used

Never used fasttrak. I downloaded the demo version. Can you recreate the error without an actual plc like compiling the program. Your program seems very short for what loops and alarms are programmed. Is it only 25 or so rungs long?

I think your demo version is limiting how much of the program you can see. There is over 2300 networks.

What is the reason for the download? Is this a new program or a backup that needs to be loaded?