Need Help Siemans 115 CPU 945

I'm trying to set up a 460-7LA12 analog input module (0-10VDC) and get it to talk to a 115U CPU 945. Does anyone have any ideas as to addressing in the data window? Does the module require 24 VDC? I'm using data window addressing IW0 to IW126. Some of the literature I've seen says the addressing should be 128 to 164 but when I type in IW128, the data window says it's out of range. Could also use help making sure I'm wired up right. We've tried just about every combination. The module is in the slot next to the CPU.

Any and all help would be appreiated.

thanks,

CTG

Or was it only PW in S5 ? I donät remember any more.
I would agree that it starts from 128 up if you have 115u..
Check the manual there are the fixed addresses.

Does the module require 24 VDC?

I think that every module is in need of a powersupply. Also you need an FB (I don't know which one exactly fb 14x).
I also think it was PW (pereferie word)xxx which starts at 128.

Rudi

THIS is the manual for the S5-115U series. There is a lot of info about analog io. Seems that both fixed and variable adressing is possible. Also seems that FB250 is normally used for reading of an analog input.

Notice that the 945 CPU is quite different from all the others CPUs in the series. Look HERE for a description of the differences.

I used to program 115U. Oh, how fast one forgets !

The analog address of the 1st slot next to the CPU does start at PIW128. The card must also be powered with 24Vdc; +ve on pin 1, -ve on pin 47. Make sure you have the correct range module(s) inserted, without the range module, you probably won't see any input.

JesperMP-

You're links for the 115U come up with 'Page Not Found'. I appreciate the help. If you get a chance could you please check it again.

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how we did.

CTG

Arrrgh... banghead

My mistake, when you go online with Siemens FAQ website it creates some dynamic links, so you cant just copy them.
I did check the links first (allways do, its embarrashing when they dont work). Appears that the links stay active as long as I'm online so I got tricked.

You best find the manuals yourself HERE (hope it works this time !). Look under the "manuals" tab.

Still having a problem with the module addressing. I've tried all the addressing suggestions but still get 'invalid address' message. I could use some help putting together the function block. I'm basically an RSLogix guy. We're using PLCWorkShop for S5 programming software.

Thanks,

CTG

We've tried PIW128, PW128, P128, WX128, IW128, Just about any combo you can think of. We changed the CPU. Still no Comm. Still get the 'invalid address message'. Is it possible the 115 CPU does not support anything above 128? Is there some firmware upgrade that must be done?

thanks,

CTG

Siemens S5 Analogs

Siemens S5 analogs are from 128 upwards, PIW128 analog in PQW128 for out is the format
If the rack contains a 306 (I think?) on the end slot this is used for addressing the slots each one will have a dip switch for it, follow the diagram on the module if not then the addressing goes in order of the slot.
Also there are some dip switches on the back of the card & you need to set it as cyclic can't remember what all the switches do & also the analog input cards have configuration modules that fit in the front for the type of input ie. 4-20ma 0-10v etc.
hope this helps