vfd to control panel

Dear frds,

can u frds plz help me out.

we have a machine to automate for filing bottles,which has a vfd panel for operation, i am discussing about getting a plc to do the operations.

operation includes motor application conveyor.

what all parameter i need to look forward?

Is the VFD being operated by front panel control now? Most provide discrete and/or analog inputs so that sensors on the conveyor line can replace manual (human) operation.

I'm not working with ABB vfd but,simply
Any output from plc you must use to control start and stop vfd, speed control from any plc analog output or multi-stage speed,set vfd parameters to control from terminals
success

sorry to ask u again, but can u give me some more detail on how we can do it?
, can vfd parameters done by counters setting or using timers in plc programming.?

If your going to use a VFD and a PLC together than your relegated to understanding a VFD. A VFD will operate as your motor starter providing 3 phase for example to your motor. However it will have for example DC controls to power the relay in the VFD.

Depending on how you program the VFD to control the VFD internal or external will lead you to the next point.

You can manually control the speed via the pot on the VFD for example, now if you wanted to control the speed of the motor via a PLC I would for example start by thinking about having my power to the relay come from an output on the PLC. So when the program tells the VFD to run it runs at the pre-programmed speed the VFD is set for.

I hope I contributed and didn't just make the thread more confusing.

Any other thoughts?

sorry to ask u again, but can u give me some more detail on how we can do it?
, can vfd parameters done by counters setting or using timers in plc programming.?

At a minimum you will require a digital output from your PLC to Enable the VFD drive, if you wish to control the speed then you will require an analog output as well.
Does your PLC have an analog output?
You should also monitor the VFD for fault conditions and turn off the PLC Enable signal if the VFD faults.

Prior to the start command, you have to think how to stop it, so you have to be all done safely.
I've 17 years of software development for the filling & blower moulder machine, I do not understand how can you manage with nanoLine plc. What kind of filler you have?
I guess it's old, where it was manufactured?
I do not want to be one of our machines. :p
A few questions:
1-What about the hopper inverter?
2-What about for the capps head rotation inverter?
3-What about for the speed synchronization with infeed and outfeed conveyor?
4-what about for the signals exchange whith other machine's (cip station , mixer station)
You have to think well in any detail before taking action.
Once the conversion work begins, and if everything not goes as planned & thought, costs may triple.