AB Micorlogix 1000 panelview hookup

gafry

I have a micrologix 1000 that I would like to connect with a

panelview for graphics. What do I need for this connect as far

as cables and software. thank you

Please provide the complete catalog number of your PLC and your Panelview.

And what software/cables you already have.

The 2711-B6C1 terminal is intended for use with larger PLC systems like the PLC-5, and is equipped with a network port for the PLC-5's remote I/O protocol, called Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O, and nicknamed "RIO".

There is no way to connect that protocol to a MicroLogix 1000 controller.

Although the PanelView does have an RS-232 serial port, that port is used only for upload/download of the application program and cannot be used for runtime communication with a controller.

A Panelview component is pretty inexpensive and does not require you to buy software to program it. In fact, buying one of these is probably cheaper than Panelbuilder32 (for old Panelviews) or FactoryTalk View Studio (for Panelview Plus) software. Only issue real issue with Panelview Component is they do not work with Logix5000 controllers.

The 2711-B6C1 terminal is intended for use with larger PLC systems like the PLC-5, and is equipped with a network port for the PLC-5's remote I/O protocol, called Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O, and nicknamed "RIO".

There is no way to connect that protocol to a MicroLogix 1000 controller.

Although the PanelView does have an RS-232 serial port, that port is used only for upload/download of the application program and cannot be used for runtime communication with a controller.

What would be a good HMI panel interface for the Micrologix 1000
I want to set up some graphics for the program