Absolute Encoder Question

PERSPOLIS

I have an OMRON Absolute Encoder E6C3-AG5C with resolution of 1024 and output is in gray code with address of 0 to 1023.
My questions are:
1) How do I find out how many times these specific pulses are generated in one revolution of the encoder: 2 to the power of 0, 2 to the power of six, or 2 to the power of 4?

2) Where is the 0 position that immediately generates the first 2 to the power of 0 pulse.

3) Please explain if the resolution of 1024 is the total number of pulses generated in one revolution of the encoder.
Thank you in advance.

An absolute encoder doesn't generate "pulses" per-se. It generates a numeric value, coded in Grey Code that corresponds to a particular position of the encoder's shaft. That value can be encoded in parallel, with digital signals (1 or 0) present on a series of wires that encodes the position, or as a value read over a communications link, such as Ethernet or SSI.

Each value corresponds to precisely one position within the shaft's rotation. Absolute encoders that generate data on a series of wires (think wired to digital inputs on a PLC) are by their nature, single turn devices. Absolute encoders that communicate over a data bus can count and remember the number of rotations, plus angular position, often through a power cycle.

This sounds suspiciously like a homework question.

-rpoet

possibly not a home work question the OP is registered since 2002.
search google for 'Gray code' it is similar to Binary but designed to change between one number and the next in such a way so there can not be an error that repeats a smaller value.

0~1023 is the actual value for one complete revolution so half a turn will give a value of 511

note
there is more than two wires to two inputs - at least 10

Thank you for the replies.
First this is not a homework as my homeworks ended many many years ago, just some questions that needs clarifications.
Yes for sure there are 10 wires as output from encoder (2 to the power of zero to 9) or 10 wires to the input of the plc.
when you add the values then result is 1023 but why the manual says (1024). OMRON ABSOLUTE ENCODER E6C3-AG5C 10BIT (1024)
Thanks a loto_O

just a BIT further Mickey
0-9 = 10 - highest value is 9
0-1 = 2 - highest value is 1
0-F = 16 - highest value is 15
0-1023 = 1024 (binary) - highest value is 1023 0r - 111111111

Also, check to see if the encoder has a Zero Pulse LED. The machines that I worked on had a red LED that was on once per revolution that was used during calibration.

How an axis is calibrated depends on how it was designed. The coarse calibration on the machines that I worked on was to drive the axis to a position and set the encoder so that the Zero Pulse LED was on. Then the fine tuning was done by editing an offset register. This machine used a rotary encoder to track a linear axis, and only used about 1/4 rotation for full travel. This machine had 7 encoders, and had 3 different calibration procedures, depending on the axis.