rsview 32

vikas1947

i need to create a icon in a desktop if i open that icon i need my scada run time display of my process..like in factory talk se launch .. ...rather then i open the project then display then make it run mode

First go to "Startup" in "System" and in the pop-up select the "Startup" tab. In the "Startup" tab check the Initial Graphic box and select the Graphic Display from the drop down menu which you want to start automatically on running the project.

After doing the above step go to your project folder, find your project file and create a shortcut for it on the desktop.Then right click on the shortcut, go to properties and add this before the existing path in the target :"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsview32.exe" and give a space. At the end write "/r" after a space and then press OK​

Note: The suggested path will very depending on the location where you have installed RSView in your Computer

Last edited:
re

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsview32.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\ENTECPC\My Documents\aman\Gfx\bhn.rsv" ''/r''
i did that
but when open the icon it give me the message the C:\Documents and Settings\ENTECPC\My Documents\aman\Gfx\bhn.rsv not found

The /r should not be written within quotes.I wrote it within quotes to separate it from the rest of my sentence, but I can understand how that got misinterpreted. Sorry about that.
Make this correction and it will work fine.

Still i am having same problem.
Double-check the location of your RSView RUN file "bhn.rsv" file. Normally the *.rsv file is NOT located in the RSView Graphic file folder "Gfx" but instead is in the main project folder (I think it would be "Aman" in your case). Try removing "\Gfx" from this string:
"C:\Documents and Settings\ENTECPC\My Documents\aman\Gfx\bhn.rsv"

You can double check the actual location of bnh.rsv by using Windows Explorer to find the file, then note its file-path name.

Last edited:
That is because I notice now from your previous post that your path is wrong.How can your Project file be in your Gfx folder? The Project file by default gets saved in a folder having the same name as your project while the Gfx folder inside it contains all the Graphic Files.
For example your path in Target should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsview32.exe" "E:\Rockwell SCADA Projects\tank simulation\tank simulation.rsv" /r