Battery life on The Micrologix 1400?

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
What is your experience on Battery life on The Micrologix 1400?
I know it depends on how often, or how long the unit is powered off.
For a PLC that is Powered on most of the time, how long do the batteries typically last?
I'm thinking years, and years, well I know at least two.
What has been your experience?
I do have an alarm set on the HMI for S:5/11
I like that it uses the same battery as the SLC. (1747-BA)

I have MicroLogix 1100's on the shelf that have held their battery-backed memory for at least five years and don't have a Low Battery warning when I power them up to use them as prototype controllers.

I wouldn't be surprised by a 7 or 8 year lifetime, but I think RA's conservative lifetime for the MicroLogix batteries is 5 years.