S5 plc 115u 943b stop and basf lights on

vsvivek

Dear friends,

happy new year 2013.

I have a problem with the s5 plc 115u 943b, the stop and basf lights are "on" and the digital output is not reading.
Please suggest.

Thanks

vivek

Dear friends,

happy new year 2013.

I have a problem with the s5 plc 115u 943b, the stop and basf lights are "on" and the digital output is not reading.
Please suggest.

Thanks

vivek

You will need to go online with STEP5 and look at the ISTACK

Thanks for the reply. My problem is I have the backup program in the Floppy drive, but I don't have the Field PG. I suspect one of the DIGITAL OUTPUT CARDS have given away. We have two 32 DO and one 16 DO card. Pin#37 i.e.+24v DC connection terminal had the cable damaged very badly. Rectified the connection,but the result is same.

Without the EEPROM the CPU can go into RUN MODE.

Is it ok if I try to change the CPU AND 16 DO card.

suggest please.

It might not be a problem with a card, but with the program or CPU itself. because of the fault, all outputs are switched off, that's what the BASF led means.
but you need to go online to be sure. if you can't, I guess it doesn't hurt to try to switch parts.

Dear Friends,

I found a programmer who could help me, but still the problem is not solved. please check the ISTACK position, REMAN X STOZUS X STOANZ X BATPUF X ASNEEP X.

PLEASE ADVISE

VIVEK

Dear Friends,

I found a programmer who could help me, but still the problem is not solved. please check the ISTACK position, REMAN X STOZUS X STOANZ X BATPUF X ASNEEP X.

PLEASE ADVISE

VIVEK

REMAN = 0: all timers, counters, and flags are reset on Cold Restart
1: the second half of timers,counters, and flags are reset on Cold Restart
STOZUS = "STOP" state (external request for example via the programmer)
STOANZ = "STOP" display
BATPUF = Battery backup okay
ASNEEP = Memory submodule is an EPROM

So from the above the only ones to "worry" about are STOZUS & STOANZ
Please check that all Di/Do etc cards have 24V DC Supply, especially as you have had a problem with the cable on a DO card

Last edited: