Powerflex 70 password

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know how to set a password for a powerflex 70? It says that i need a PSW and i don't know it. Have tried 0000 and 0, didn't work. Don't see anything in the manual about it even having a password, although i saw one post online. Is there a hard reset? I also tried 7337 and 6587 - didn't work.

narlin

The password is only in the LCD HIM module not the drive itself, so if you can find a new HIM module for the front of it, you'll be able to access the paramaters.

Never did get the password. I did succeed in using the PWRFLX. It permitted remote on/off and using preset speeds chosen by some minor wiring tangle that the manual sort of explained. I can't believe that someone would ourchase a vfd and not get the password for it! Whatever!