Documentation import

kozirog

Working with SLC500 5/04 processor . When going online I see the ladder logic , but the comments are not there. How do I bring them up? Thanks o_O

Make sure that the RSLogix file you have up matches the program in the processor. If RSLogix file and the program in the processor don't match, it will make you select a file that matches or let you upload the from the processor. If you upload from the processor, comments or symbols will not be shown. Those only reside in the RSL .RSS file and don't download to the processor.

I always make sure that I download any changes or save any online edits I do right away. That way I have a program that matches before going online.

Thanks BULLZI, but I'm still a little bit in the dark. Of course it's not you , it's me needing more guidance. If you could just explain to me step by step what you have to do to see the ladder logic and the comments from the point of hooking the cable to the processor. Thanks

Do you have the actual RSS file for the PLC you're planning on going online with?
This is the start.
If you don't then comments won't show or upload.
You have to start with something.
Even if the file (offline) is not up to date, you can still manage to upload and merge comments between the 2 files but you have to start with an offline file.
Otherwise you will not get to see comments on rungs and such.

So first, make a backup of the file you have.

Second, select that PLC from RSL, and choose Upload Use program, then navigate the file window to the version you have. RSL will upload the program from the PLC, and merge it into the commented version you have.

Save this newly uploaded file with a new name.