rs-485 to tcp/ip

johnkbaum

Hello all,

Im looking for a less expensive alternative to this product..

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...on_-a-_Communications_-a-_Software/GS-EDRV100

My project hardware short version:

1 micrologix 1100
1 panelview component
3 durapulse drives

Project function short version:

hmi_displays_speed,amps, and frequency
plc_controls_startup/shutdown sequnces, and speed control.

Small project just trying to keep it that way.
Thanks..

Good Luck finding another serial server with Modbus formatting that's less expensive, it's near the low end as it is.

The spec sheet is chary of mentioning what the serial side is, but the RTS LED on the printed circuit card tells me that it's probably RS-232.

That and the diagram showing a separate device for each drive says that the drive side is probably point-to-point RS-232.

What about going to a drive with an RS-485 serial port and being able to use one serial server to daisy chain the drives?

Or a Modbus/TCP port on the drive?

Hi bernie,
Im am more fimliar with ipv4 addressing and trouble shooting. I was leaning towards locating another micro1100 at the drives and configuring it as a slave. But the net-aic+ route does look cheaper from the hardware stand point. Ive never setup up a rs-485 network so there would be a learning curve there. My understanding whoul be to locate the net-aic+ at the micrologix1100 connect to it with a 2707-nc(8,9,10,or 11) since the net-aic+ i own is a series B. Then I would daisy chain the drives? Additional I was under the asumption I could do the same thing with the 1763-nc01 cable, or am I over looking something here?

thanks