tsx premium plc

bayeibrahima

hello to all
I use TSX Premium 5720 plc
I have pl7 pro 4.4 version and the cable (TSXCUSB485) is detected on device manager (uses port COM2)
When I try to connect to the plc, I get the error message on attached file
I try to re-install the software in order to change the target path, but the target is always the same (see on attached file); because I've noticed all other softwares are in C:\programfiles\....\;;;;etc.
please can someone help me
Hope to read you soon
Best regards

PL7 uses port com1 by default. You have to go to windows control panel -> (PL7) drives manager -> unitelway driver -> configuration -> change com1 -> com2

Hello Lare; thanks for your answer
I've just tried what you said; but I always get the error message.
I stiil can't connect to the plc

Do you have rotation switch on converter at postion 3 (other multi)?
Connection settings on PL7 software: sys and protocol UNTLW (unitelway).

Do yo have XP or windows7 computer? On win7 system you will need PL7 4.5 SP5 version

Last edited:
Hello Lare, thanks in advance for your help
Before sending this post; I've tried both position 2 and position 3
I use Win XP in my laptop
Strangely, the cable work fine in another pc working with XP (desktop) with PL7 4.5 version; the matter is that I don't have a copy of the SETUP.
The connection settings are good; but I don't really know where it stucks.
Do you know where I can get PL7 4.5?
Best regards

Hello Lare thanks for your reply
I've just downloaded the drivers and I'll try to connect tommorow again and let you know
Thanks again for your help
Best regards

Hello Lare; the problem remains
Look on attached file; it's a screenshot of the Device manager
the TSXCUSB cable is detected on PORTCOM and USB CONTROLLER, and further there's UNTLWDevice
Perhaps there's something wrong with this
Best regards

Have you changed com port to back to com1 from unitelway driver?

By the way, is your windows 32bit system?

Hello Lare
yes I've change it back to com1 since then
But I don't know what is the windows system (32 or 64)
Look at on the attached file.Perhaps this can guide
Best regards

well, I think that it is 32bit. But you can check it for sure:
Right-click on the My Computer desktop icon, Properties, and see what it says under the General tab. PL7 works with 32bit windows.

I think that only way would be now to install PL7 to different laptop, because reinstalling of drivers don't help. From schneider you should get installion cd, but they probably want some money of that. (license)

But crosscheck all communication parameters with desktop computer all again

Hello Lare, I thank you a lot for the great help you're giving
Look at on attached file what it says
You are right I must try with another laptop; I have another one; but it runs with Vista.
Do pl7 compatible with VISTA?
Best regards

not sure, but at least windows7 needs pl7 v4.5 sp5 version, so probably also vista needs it.

Can you install XP and pl7 virtually (with VMWARE software)

Hello Lare
it works fine with another laptop (win7 32bits), I've just tried it and finally I've been able to connect with the plc.Thanks for your kind help
I don't know how to install XP and pl7 virtually (with VMWARE software)
please can you tell me about VMWARE?
Once installed it virtually; there's not any risk with the plc?
Excuse me ,perhaps that's a silly question.
Best regards.