Where does this output come from

showshocka

This is logic for a stand alone machine, no network, just this one machine. It has one single SLC-503. I'm working on getting individaul occurences of the machine statuses to output to the Vorne 2000 display module. In trying to locate a specific stautus I noticed certain bits would scan and come true.There are a lot of bits in the project that are coming true that has no output associated with them, while the machine is running ? How is that? I think that second picture is showing that those bits are a full word, might explain why that is. How are the bits just scanning to what seems to be by themselves? Can anybody explain this to me in english

how can this be true.jpg full word.jpg

Last edited:
Those attached images are way too small to see well enough to make out any detail.

Can you zip and attach the .RSS file and tell us what words/rungs you are looking at?

Does your program contain any SQI, SQO, AND, OR, or MVM instructions? Those instructions can be used to manipulate individual bits in a word instead of using OTE.

Last edited:
A couple other possibilities are a MOV containing the bit word as a destination or an indirect access. Since the pictures are too small to read I can't use representative addresses. But look for something like:

B{FileNumber}/[N7:20] of B{FileNumber}[N7:20]/[N7:21]

where FileNumber is the bit file number you are working with.

Keith