RSLinx classic

Terry B

We have several machines that are wireless. How do i I setup Linx to look for a wireless connection. I've it to connect point to point but not wireless.

Thanks Terry

Wired or wireless doesn't really make a difference to RSLinx. Connect your PC to your wireless network access point using Windows built-in tools. When you connect, you should be automatically assigned an IP address just as you would if you used a wired connection.

When you configure your EtherNet/IP driver in RSLinx you will see an option to select which network adapter to be used. Select the wireless adapter.

OG

When you configure an EtherNet/IP driver in RSLinx, it will give you the option to choose which adapter you want that driver associated with. You would see all available Ethernet adapters. Just pick the wireless adapter. RSLinx doesn't necessarily know or care whether it is wired or wireless.

OG