ProWorx 32 Data Watch Window problem

alangah

Hello everyone, I'm new at this forum and this is my first post :geek:

I'm currently working with some old Modicon Momentum PLC, and I'm using the software ProWorx 32, which is a nightmare to work with by the way...

So my question to anyone who ever used ProWorks... did it ever happen to you that the Data Watch Window didn't hold the values that you wanted to watch??? I mean, it would be very very useful if it worked, but I enter some values to keep track of their behavior, I disable on then off my PB Start in the logic and return to the Data Watch Window to find out my values are just gone... I haven't found a solution to that so if anyone has it and is kind enough to share, I would be very thankful!!!

Thx, and regards from Chihuahua, Chihuahua Mexico

I haven't ever seen that particular problem in Proworx32, but I can tell you that Proworx32 is one of the most bug ridden pieces of commercial software you'll ever work with. Proworx32 also has a noticeable attention deficit disorder when its online. It may be that it just hasn't gotten around to refreshing that part of the screen and if you can give it a few minutes it will finally realize it should be doing something and refresh the screen.

There is another software package, PLC Workshop for Modicon, from FasTrak http://www.fast-soft.com/page.php?22 which is somewhat less buggy, though I have had it blue screen my PC several times. Still I prefer it over Proworx32. Fortunately, I am now down to just one Modicon processor and just three months away from retiring that one.

When working with the older Modicon products there is not much I can give you in the way of good news for the software. The best option is to find a licensed copy of Proworx NXT and run it on Win95. Some people can get it to run on WinXP in win95 mode but we were not very successful at that. Proworx NXT was a good programming package - just somewhere along the line it went off the rails and turned into a spectacular train wreck. If that isn't feasible then you'll just need to have a lot of patience with Proworx32.

Last edited:
Proworx32 does have some bugs in it. I believe Prowrx32 was a stepping stone from NXT to Concept/Unity. Unity is a very good bit of software. I found the best version of Proworx32 was Ver2.1 with service pack 1.
I can’t remember seeing this problem with the data watch window.