slc5/04 channel 0

haynesj

I have a slc 5/04 that has a pc connected to channel 0 for an operator interface. I have always programmed the slc through channel 1 but I had problems with my DH+ coverter so I had to connect to channel 0 to look at the ladder. Now I cannot get the PC to communicate with the SLC and get communication errors on the PC only. I thought maybe channel 0 was origionally programmed for user mode and rslinx changed it when I accessed this port with rslogix but by looking at the origional program channel 0 was in system mode also. What other bits may have been changed when I accessed this processor through channel 0?

I don't think it can change by itself, but not 100% sure of that.

Is the "Mode Change Box" checked? See picture and doc below.

What protocol does the PC use to communicate with the SLC for operator interface?

modechangebox.png

Attachments

• Enabling and Utilizing the Channel 0 Mode Change.doc
    21 KB · Views: 7