GSV, Wallclock, Time? - RSLoigx5000

ebolbol

Seniors and Experts, forgive me if this has been covered 10,000 times. I have yet to see the subject function work properly in any of the plc's put in by our integrators! Always having to jockey numbers around for DST and such... I mean plain and simple, what's it take to have all the controllers follow the main workstation? (i.e. the main computer with all the projects and Logix licenses?)

Best regards,

Ed

Try this...

Run the Logix5000 Clock Update tool found in the RSLogix5000 Tools Directory

i think go the controller properties>date/time/set date time,work station,then go the program take gsv instruction date and time take local time and now make the tage having some array one dimensional in the destination...then you can get first array element as year.month.dtae.time...etc...

I also use the clock update tool and it works great! I also have all of our panelviews set up under global connections to update from the plc time and it sure makes it easier to keep their time correct.

i think go the controller properties>date/time/set date time,work station,then go the program take gsv instruction date and time take local time and now make the tage having some array one dimensional in the destination...then you can get first array element as year.month.dtae.time...etc...

Sorry md.abdullah, it's hard to follow your writing... :confused: I have attached what I see in the logic... I think? that is what you are talking about.

Time.jpg

I also use the clock update tool and it works great! I also have all of our panelviews set up under global connections to update from the plc time and it sure makes it easier to keep their time correct.

Thank kentuckytech,

I think I will try that. We also have our PanelViews set up under global conn. to update from plc and it does work good. Its keeping the time in the plc straight. So you basically have the GSV instruction with Wallclock DINT[7] array and running the clock update tool that's all? nothing else?

Yes, that is all we are doing.

thanks kentuckytech,

two more quick questions... 🤞🏻

1. Does the tool have to be running minimized in task bar continually?

2. I took a snapshot of workstation time, and plc time and
how does 16 equate to 8?

Time.JPG

To answer the first question: no it doesn't have to be running all of the time but you would want to run it when you needed to update the time on your devices. I leave mine running minimized. I don't know the answer to the second question but i do remember updating the version of clock update tool early last year and i was having issues with the time zones not adjusting the controller time correctly so i reverted back to the earlier version and the problem went away. I'm currently running version 2.4.0