FTView SE and Tablet PC Input Service

mlmeng16

I have recently learned that Rockwell Software's FactoryTalk View SE version 6.x doesn't function well with the Windows 7 Tablet PC Input Service. My PC is a touchscreen computer. In order for the FactoryTalk View SE to run, the Tablet PC Input Service was disabled.

The PC is running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32-bit). The processor is an I-Core i5-2520M (2.50 Ghz) with 4.00 GB of RAM.

FactoryTalk View SE is version 6.00.00 (CPR9 SR3) Patch/Pack Number: 00 Build Number: 16

Is anyone aware of any "work-arounds" to allow a touch screen PC to run FactoryTalk View SE?

I'm using windows terminal services to run HMI clients on IPads here. I have 2 windows server 2008 vm's for terminal services so you can open a FTView client from any PC with remote desktop or any device with with an RDP app, IPad, Android etc.