CX- Programmer Begginer Doubts

Nelliyan

Hi ,

I am using Omron CJ1M –CPU11, Software : Cx Programmer..

1 st question :

I want to know whether a subroutine can be called in another routine based on conditions, like we do in siemens plc's.

I was trying to drag & drop new routine by creating a new section..

But couldn't find a way to call the inserted section..

2nd Question :

I seen the Help files in which the I/O addressing are like 0.00, 0.01 & 1.00,1.01 & so 0n ..

I am confused that how the I/O addresses has to be understood..

Please guide me...

Regards,

Nelliyan.G

can you zip and post a copy of your program so far please

Question 2
look at the I/O card setup area
omron uses 0.00 ~ 0.15 , 1.00 ~ 1.15 etc, per input card
Output is usually 100.00 ~ 100.15 etc.
look up the I/O allocation in the help area

Subroutines can be nested up to 16 levels deep in a CJ1M.
The I/O numbers in a CJ1M are determined by the order in which the modules are mounted in the rack. The first module is 0.00 to 0.15, the second is 1.00 to 1.15, etc.

Hi,

iant ,

I haven't started my project till now.. As i have a lot of doubts in programming as well downloading & uploading i am just studying them using PDF's... Once i started to work on my coding i will surely zip u.

I understood the ans for my 2nd question..

mendonsy,

I am purely a fresher for this software & Plc brand.. So i can't understand that subroutine task..

Could u elaborate me

Regards,

Nelliyan.G

Hello,

I just attached a sample that i developed..

I have 2 problems till now which i have described in the program Comments...

Please take a look at the attached file

Regards,

Nelliyan.G

Hi_Woody ,

I am clear... Thanks a lot

Does it necessary to use the return instruction after the sbr or we can use End???

Regards,

Nelliyan.G

Hi,

Basic rules for subroutines

1. Subroutines ALWAYS are defined at the end of the PLC program but before the END instruction.
2. Each subroutine definition must start with the SBN instruction and the subroutine number.
3. Each subroutine must end with the RET instruction.

You can write many subroutines but they must always follow the above rules. Subroutines are called from the program using the SBS instruction. Think of this as the scan of the program stopping at the SBS instruction, jumping to the subroutine & executing the subroutine code, then returning to the place in the program where it jumped from.

Each program (task) must have only one END instruction - at the end of the program/task.

Regards