OT: Leap Motion

definately work well with pc based HMI screen software
a big step until the operator takes it home with him

Very Cool... But have you ever got that queezy feeling, when someone who talks with their hands, is too close to a light curtain? Not sure, that I would like it on a production screen, but may have one for home or office. I can't believe the price!

I just want to know how it works and how is it accurate to 0.01mm . What sort of technology does this thing use? To be able to use any brand x monitor and a $70 gadget makes it appealing as an industrial HMI, but I have not had my grubby hands on it yet, so I should reserve judgement.

I think that it might be similar to the KINECT.
I have seen an old joystick that would move the game when it was moved closer to the screen.
but i bet the program needs to be specificaly written to accept the input.
still it would be interesting with Archies HMI

I just want to know how it works and how is it accurate to 0.01mm . What sort of technology does this thing use? To be able to use any brand x monitor and a $70 gadget makes it appealing as an industrial HMI, but I have not had my grubby hands on it yet, so I should reserve judgement.

I was thinking the same... I wonder if it can detect motion at 0.01mm or if it can also detect size to that accuracy as well?

I never liked touch screens. They get dirty with finger prints all over them unless the HMI is designed right where the part you touch is always at the bottom or on the right side for right handers. Why not just have buttons on the side or bottom of the screen then.

I think the leap technology is cool. We have been aware of it for some time now but I also don't like holding my hand in the air. I still think the industrial ball mouse is best.

Yeah, I heard about leap motion too! The reviews are quite good. When we utilize computer systems as efficiency tools to improve the way we work and play, we do not want to be slowed down by a sub-standard input device like the traditional mouse and keyboard. Do you agree? Therefore, leap motion is the key! According to Wired, Leap Motion have mastered the motion controller. The fully 3-D motion control program will be bundled with Asus PC laptops and then other platforms. I never thought that this would be possible. Indeed, this is amazing!:D