RSemulate5000 to FTView on Virtual Machine

Jt92gmc

Hello Everyone,

I have ben trying to set up a connection between my local and my virtual PC. Both are Windows 7. On my local I have running RSEmulate5000, my virtual has my Factory Talk 6.1. When I point an OPC server in RSLinx to my virtual controller, I am unable to see this in factory talk. When I click add new OPC server in FT, it shows localhost but it is unexpandable, thus I cannot choose RSLinx OPC. Any tips on setting this up within a VMWare virtual PC? Is there a way to connect through the RSlinx Enterprise tree instead?

Remember that RSEmulate 5000 can only communicate using the virtual backplane driver, and not via TCP/IP. That virtual backplane is on the host, not the guest, and the guest FactoryTalk system just can't see it.

I think the only way to do this would be to have RSLinx Classic Gateway running on your host PC, which would allow you to access the virtual backplane driver via TCP/IP from another instance of RSLinx Classic (on the VMWare machine).

You might find it faster or easier to move RSEmulate to the guest OS.

Yes moving RSemulate to the VMware would probably make it visible, I was just hoping to avoid this as it would also entail me installing RSLogix on the virtual as well to utilize the emulator. I would also bring FT to my host as a solution but this wont work when I need to use a different virtual with a different HMI editor.

Thanks for your input Ken!

HI, I have running emulate5000 on my local pc and factory talk in VMware can you help me to set up a connexion between my local pc and my vmware
I'm new user in RSlogix5000, can you help me step by step to set up communication between my local pc and my Vmware

I would be most grateful to you for this

As Ken post's (#2) states, you will need two licensed copies of RSLinx Classic, one (RSLinx Gateway $4500 List)running on the host machine and the other copy (minimum RSLinx Classic Single-Node $1200 List)running on the guest OS.
Isn't this an un unnecessary financial push??!!:nodi:
Just install both, the Emulator and the FTVS on the same machine (either the Guest OS- my choice- or on the Host PC) and emulate away...:whistle: