Factory Talk view SE 6.1 and Kepware EX OPC server

msynco

I have a project where I'm trying to bring in data from a Quantum processor to a FT view SE 6.1 application. I've set up the KEP server and can see live data with the quick client, and created a new data server in View SE. When I try to add a new tag to the hmi tag database, i can see the kepserver in the tag browser window, but there is no + sign to the left, that should let me expand the view to show the tags.
Any ideas or tips? We've been working with both KEP and AB tech support to no avail.
Thanks, Mike

Browsing for tags in FTView SE is at best a hit an miss operation, usually miss, as with so many things in FTView.

Did you try: Right clicking the server tree somewhere, and selecting 'Show Servers', and then 'Refresh all folders'. Note that a folder will not refresh at all if it is open. Next, try shutting down Studio, and restarting.

The best, and least frustrating, workarouond is simply to type your point address manually. That is pretty much the only thing that works relatively reliably in FTView.

And it isn't a problem with the Kepware servers, RSLinx Classic and Enterprise have exactly the same problem talking natively to Logix platform PLC's.