Controllogix pulse input for linear sensor?

You don't. There is NO way a PLC can detect the time between start and stop pulses accurately. Also, the pulses are so fast the PLC may not detect them anyway. You need to buy a card that has a special interface for start stop MDT rods.
If you just need the interface then get this:
http://amci.com/plc-modules/plcmodules-controllogix-ldt-interface.asp
If you are trying to do motion control then get a 1756-HYD02.
What is the application?

These special interface cards have counters that count over 100Mhz. I think the 1756-HYD02 counts at 120 MHz.

Similar Topics

Why does the controllogix redundancy modules use a single mode fiber vs multimode fiber?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have two 16 point input cards and 1 16 point output card showing module faulted on my IO tree in Logix Designer. The fault code is...
Replies
Views
Hello, My associate and I are trying to sync up two ControlLogix racks (7-slot chassis) with identical modules. We are able to see the secondary...
Replies
Views
Trying to setup a message read via Ethernet. I have the path setup as 1, 1, 2, 192.168.66.10 I get an error code 1, ext err 315. I am beating...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom