S7-1200 symbolic DB vs SCADA

automat_plc

Hello to everybody,

please few advices ...

I don't have source code of PLC S7-1200 and i can't get it.
I have list(.pdf) of DB10(DB_SCADA), which is downloaded in S7-1200, with all, let's say, tags in mentioned DB10, which i have to connect to my InTouch SCADA.
Problem is ... mentioned DB10 is created as "only symbolic access" and because of that i can't reach them from InTouch, because InTouch works with "non-symbolic" address only, let's say, with absolute address, like also most of SCADAs and OPC servers.

e.g S7-1200>DB10.DBD0(real) = InTouch>DB10, REAL0

Is that possible to creat new DB in TIA portal as separate project, as "non-symbolic", whith same address(DB10),name(DB_SCADA) and tags ... and then just this new one DB10(DB_SCADA), which is created as "non-symbolic", dowload-overwrite in S7-1200 with old "symbolic" DB10 ??

Also, if someone have much better solution to solve this problems ... please, let me know.

Any advice is very helpful to me.

Thank You very much,

best regards ...

You can get source from upload. It will have symbols etc.
By doing what You are planning, You'll have to change the rest of the program that reads/writes to db scada as symbols may not work (compilation error).

You can get source from upload. It will have symbols etc.
By doing what You are planning, You'll have to change the rest of the program that reads/writes to db scada as symbols may not work (compilation error).

Thanks a lot for You replay, adfox

I can't to upload "source code" from S7-1200.
i don't know why?? Is "source code" is "locked" or something else, like version of TIA, i have TIA v11 ... ??
I don't know why, but upload can't achieve.

Thank You very much ...

best regards

The source code will be needed which you can upload.

A datablock can only be set to standard when it is created. It can be converted by making a copy to a different DB number then deleting the original block. Re-create the block with the number of the original block (DB10) but with the block access set to standard. Then copy the data from the copied block and re-compile. The program blocks will use the same variables but with absolute addresses.

The modified program will need to be downloaded so beware of settings made in the existing datablocks.

Alternatively, a new datablock could be created and data copied from DB10 to the new block using a modification to the program.

First, i have to tell You , this is my first project in TIA, and also with S7-1200.

I have done many projects with "good-old" STEP7 (S7-300/400), with CodeSys(WAGO/Berghoff) ... etc, but with TIA and S7-1200 ... never. This is my first time.
So, please sorry if i write something stupid about this problems with TIA and S7-1200

About problems with upload ...

I don't know exactly ... Now, it's seems to me as the Source Code in S7-1200 is locked, write-protected ... is that possible??
I can't do nothing with them from S7-1200 upload.
I use TIA PORTAL V11, SP2

Thanks,

Are you able to get an online connection?

Jonesca9, thank for replay ...

As You wrote in Your first post that is perfectly clear, i also did everything what You wrote.

Second Post ... When i go online, i see PLC and HMI ,theirs IP parameters, but nothing else(FC, DB or similar).

As i wrote to adfox .. i'm beginner in TIA and S7-1200, please can You advice me, how to easiest to solve this problem for Your opinion ..I'll try everything what You wrote.

Thanks,

best regards.

Why not upload the project, create a new DB (non symbolic)with the same structure as the symbolic. Then add some logic to copy the contents of the symbolic DB over to the non symbolic, the use that with Wonderware.

Do you see the CPU within portal when online?

I just created a new project, added CPU device with IP address and was able to go online to a S7-1200, even if the CPU type is different. The Blocks are viewed by expanding the Program Blocks folder.

Do you see the CPU within portal when online?

I just created a new project, added CPU device with IP address and was able to go online to a S7-1200, even if the CPU type is different. The Blocks are viewed by expanding the Program Blocks folder.

OK, i understand You, but if i can't view or/and open anything online... what it means ? Maybe that Source Code is locked or password protected?? I'm just guessing, please correct me if i wrote something stupid ... but something weird is happening with S7-1200 and downloaded code.

Is it possible that PLC has some, let's say, weird, strong protection from uploading/read and downloading/write??

It is possible the CPU has been downloaded to with Write/Read protection. In this case, Portal will not go online unless you have the original source code and know what the password is.

To test if it has protection enabled you can start to download a test program. If the Load Preview window prompts for a password to be entered then the CPU is protected. Be careful not to proceed if a password is not required!

It is possible the CPU has been downloaded to with Write/Read protection. In this case, Portal will not go online unless you have the original source code and know what the password is.

To test if it has protection enabled you can start to download a test program. If the Load Preview window prompts for a password to be entered then the CPU is protected. Be careful not to proceed if a password is not required!

Many thanks Jonesca9 ...

Your posts were very helpful to me ...

Best regards ...