factory talk server

peterdragon

Hello,
I was editing pv+ made a runtime project loaded into p/v wanted to go back and change something and I keep getting failed to load hmi server error and it wont open anything on my laptop. is there a workaround on a sunday. thanks

Have you rebooted the machine and tried again?

What version of Factory Talk Studio are you running?

What OS are you running? Are you out of "desktop heap"?

Also, if you look into the Factory Talk Diagnostics log, there may be clues to the root cause in your case.

Rebooted a few times. Im running 5.10 cpr 9. OS is win 7 and running in xp virtual. I did look in diagnostics log but didnt write anything down. didn't mean much to me. It sure is funny I used it for 1.5 hours and then it just took a dump.Got a big project going on and it looks like a couple p/v might not get done. thanks for the reply

If you have techconnect access, search the knowledgebase for the error message, and there should be at least a handful of things that you can try. I had to take the steps in the "desktop heap" technote (sidenote: who invents these terms?) to get my FctMe View Studio 6.10 to work correctly in my xpmode with XP Sp3 as the OS.

Last edited:
Used to happen to me often on a laptop which only had XP installed. Can't remember what version but each time re-installed the FT View patch. This was quicker than re-installing FT and once installed the projects opened normally once more.