PC Based SCADA Sytem

ernitin29

hi

I have developed a PC Based SCADA Sytem using WINCC Flexible Advance to replace the unrepairable Siemens' OP 270 HMI and saved lots of cost to buy a new + software development cost.

I am having problem in communication. I have two CPU 224XP & 226. the baud rate for both the CPUs are 19.2, PC adress 0, 224XP @ 1 & 226 @ 2. all the setting of com port are same, but I am still facing problem in connection to establish communication.

I am also using a PC adapter of ADAM. I connect as follow:

Red = Data+ (Adam terminal)
Green = Data- (Adam terminal)
using COM 1 at PC & same as on CPU 224XP.

Adam controller's led status shows the I am getting data but when I start run time, there is no communication happening.

so guy help me out, I am running short in time.

Thanks
Nitin

hi

I have developed a PC Based SCADA Sytem using WINCC Flexible Advance to replace the unrepairable Siemens' OP 270 HMI and saved lots of cost to buy a new + software development cost.

I am having problem in communication. I have two CPU 224XP & 226. the baud rate for both the CPUs are 19.2, PC adress 0, 224XP @ 1 & 226 @ 2. all the setting of com port are same, but I am still facing problem in connection to establish communication.

Adam controller's led status shows the I am getting data but when I start run time, there is no communication happening.

Thanks
Nitin

ComeOn guy, where are all communication experts, please help me out.

Also, I am guessing you are using the same PC adapter on your programming PC as on the HMI PC.
Try to start the WinCC Flexible RT on your programming PC, and see if it connects to the PLC.

Also, I am guessing you are using the same PC adapter on your programming PC as on the HMI PC.
Try to start the WinCC Flexible RT on your programming PC, and see if it connects to the PLC.

Hi....

Well there was no need of adapter on hmi because adapter converts 485 to 232, and as there is no need of 232 on hmi "OP270", now I am using PC as HMI, and there is Profibus interface so it requires to convert 485 to 232 for PC, thats y i am using Adam RS 485 to RS232 isolated converter.

Now in PC/PG properties, there are many access points i.e. S7Online, MPI, PROFIBUS DP. And the funny thing is that i have tried all the access point but wasnt able to take my runtime online.

Waiting for ur reply

Thanks

Ernitin, a simple RS232/RS485 adapter cannot make your PC communicate over Profibus.

But this same adapter was used for data logging, and it was working perfectly on kingview scada software when i was not working in my present company. Some chinese guys installed this system.

What is your hardware for programming the two S7-200 CPUs ?[/QUOTE]

I didnt get u about hardware, i guess ur asking about computer system. So its my pc, i am using pc/ppi cable on micro win

Last edited:
You need a profibus card for the PC. An example is the Siemens CP5621 for a PCIexpress slot.

But the way you ask I think you should describe your system in detail, since I cannot guarantee that a CP5621 is what you need.

You need a profibus card for the PC. An example is the Siemens CP5621 for a PCIexpress slot.

But the way you ask I think you should describe your system in detail, since I cannot guarantee that a CP5621 is what you need.

Yeah I was also thinking the same about CP card, but before i buy it is required for me to be sure about the right thing.

And about i mention about adapter for data logging.

My complete setup as Two CPUs of S7series. 224xp & 226. Using port 0 on both the cpus where profibus is connected to OP270.

what i am doing, disconnect the profibus from its connector which is used on hmi. Green wire in data+, and red in data- on adam adapter. Then serial out of adam to com port 1.
Setting the pg/pc properties as tried all access point but nothing worked out.

Getting error pc/ts adapter does not response and general error ox0334.

hi

Thanks
Nitin

When today in the morning i reached in the office, did my daily routine and then started my fav. work. i connected my S7 226 cpu from port 1 using profibus to my wincc run time at my pc and set the pg/pc settings, ppi interface. As i started it, i was online and all the respective tag were working well. i was so happy that finally i've done it, and now i will be able to connect my complete network of 226-master, 224 XP - 2 Nos. - Slave.

Then i connect it to the profibus which is connected to my OP 270. I disconnect the connector and connect the terminals of profibus to 485 - 232 converter with full of happiness and joy and started the run time, message appeared pc/ts adapter does not respond. i checked all setting again and started the run time, time & again but same message appeared. Then at the same position i accessed micro/win using ppi, and i am able to access all the three cpus using profibus interface but when i select pc adapter profibus nothing is happening, i run run time all the day, but my morning's happiness turned into disappointement in the evening.

Ernitin, a simple RS232/RS485 adapter cannot make your PC communicate over Profibus.

What is your hardware for programming the two S7-200 CPUs ?

hey jesper,

a simple simple as mentioned has started working pretty nicely. this is for ur information.