rslogix 500 problem

When I attempt to look at the attached zip file I get a message that it is corrupted. Anyone else get the same?

shkoko2000 - you might want to recreate the zip file and reattach it to another post in this thread.

i want to change set points and control variable values at any pid at LAD 35 help me please.
see attached file

I also opened it by way of 7-zip. WinZip gave me an error also.

You can write to the set-point by moving a value to PD??:?.SPS,(PD21:0.SPS,PD22:0.SPS,PD23:0.SPS) see picture below set-point.

You can write to the CV when the PID is in manual mode, you then write to your user defined address(N35:0,N35:1,N35:2), see picture below CV.

set-point.png CV.jpg

Last edited:
BTW.. you must be in auto to change the set-point. In manual mode the set-point tracks the process (PV) allowing for a bumpless transfer back to auto.

Last edited:
1-what is btw.and i don't understand why to change setpoint i must at auto mode.
2- at LAD2, there is no jsr to LAD35 that contains the three PID is this right or we must put jsr to LAD35

1-what is btw.and i don't understand why to change setpoint i must at auto mode.
2- at LAD2, there is no jsr to LAD35 that contains the three PID is this right or we must put jsr to LAD35

By The Way. In the manual mode the set-point is set to the PV ( processs variable) automatically. This feature allows for a bumpless transfer back to auto mode.

Sense you programmed your PID to use the time Mode=STI the ladder 35 is run by the setting you made in the STI function file. No "JSR" necessary.

1-can you explain briefly sti function file & how to change the control variable value at the program.
2-how to make SCP for the same input(I:2.1) two time wuth different ranges(0-15600) and (3120-15600)(at LAD 3)
3-how to change status of B3:3.15.(at LAD5)
4- if i change the value of PD21:0.AM , the pid converted from manual to auto and versa vice.