Connecting Siemens 151-8 PN/DP CPU first time

spandy16

I tried to connect the SIEMENS IM 151-8 PN/DP CPU first time over PROFINET with my PC. I started the Siemens Port Configurator and included the PROFINET mode as well as the IO-Link master. But I don't know how to configure the IP address. It's not clearly mentioned in the Siemens manual. It's showing me connection error. Only thing I know is that MAC address is mentioned on the CPU box. Please help me with this.

From the hardware config. Hit the download
Button. I also assume your pg pc interface
Is set to Ethernet
Show a screen shot

From the hardware config. Hit the download
Button. I also assume your pg pc interface
Is set to Ethernet
Show a screen shot

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using the latest S7 professional suite V11 i.e. the TIA portal.

Screen shot

Thank you for the detailed reply. But when I am trying to Go online then it cannot establish the connection. But when I go in the 'accesable devices' option it's detecting some IP and I am able to flash the 'FRCE' LED on the PLC.