Which computer?

Bubba27111

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times. However after doing a lengthy search here i have had no luck. So here goes. The plant i work at is looking to replace their old laptop, it is a dell latitude D830. What should i replace it with?

I am using Dell Precision M6600.
Operating System: Windows 7 professional

For programming software I use WM Ware with the operating system that is best for the software.
I have a WM Ware image for Siemens and Rockwell, not mixing the two manufacturers software.
New project / client = new image

Last edited:
Maybe I'm falling off of the technology train, but I replaced my old Dell Latitude D830 with a practically new Dell Latitude D830 off of eBay for $130. Programs PLCs, runs Autocad, and browses the web, that's all I need.

I run a DELL latitude E5500, darn thing has a serial port, who uses that anymore...