Standard USB lead for Schneider PLC?

JasonWade

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can use a standard USB Mini B lead for download to a Schneider M258 PLC and a HMI STU 655. Or do I really need to spend around £70+VAT on the two leads Schneider list (BMX XCA USB H045 and BMX XCA USB H018).

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok thanks MrQ. Can you tell me anything about uploading the project from the PLC/HMI.

The situation is this; A customer is asking if I can modify the code, but he doesn't have the source code. I never used this brand of PLC/HMI before so I dont know if the PLC/HMI holds the source, or just the compiled .bin (or whatever they are).

Thanks

The PLC is compiled codesys so you will have no luck with the machine.
the cable comes free with the software.
you will need codesys from schneider as the freedemo version stops after 1 hour in the plc.