How to use a wildcard variable in an expression.

ldrewes

I am working on a visibility animation that I can't figure out how to get right.
I want to compare two different string tags, one of them has a specific string value that is needed and the other can be anything but blank. How do i tell the expression to agree with any alphanumeric characters?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

BTW, I'm using Factory Talk View SE

Is it easier to do a comparison within the PLC?

Use a not equal instruction to compare a blank string to your reference string, if the result is true, then display your animation....

Is it easier to do a comparison within the PLC?

Use a not equal instruction to compare a blank string to your reference string, if the result is true, then display your animation....

Thanks for the suggestion! I ended up using the "NOT" instruction and it worked great.
Thanks for the input!