ABB IRC5 and Profibus DP

Branislav

Hello to all. Could you please help me with this one. We would like to use command WRREC in order to send some data from PLC to IRC controller(slave) but I'm not sure which starting address to use for writing. Could you please help me. Thanks.

We are using ABB dsqc 667 profibus fieldbus slave adapter on side of IRC5 controller that supports DP Ver.1 non-cyclic transmission. IRC5 is limited to 64 bytes input size for profibus communication.

Hi

Maybe I not picking up on your question right but will the address be what you set up in the Irc controller in the field bus tab. I have only setup devicenet to a Irc from scratch but I worked on a few that had been set up on profibus before i worked on them. If you press Abb, then system I think ,then I/o, and select a group input or a single Input and map it to you field bus address.

I am only doing this From memory so it may be a little out but not much.
I hope I have understood your question.

Donnchadh

Last edited: