Doubts functions

diegov

I'm having trouble to use and understand the function and move function moves with mask software RSLOGIX, I wonder with what functions can address, I use auxiliary address, or integer, binary, generally using the function moves and moves whit mask, which difference between the two ..

I will make this as simple as possible.

To copy a single BIT to another, you do not use MOV or MVM. Use "Bit Instructions" XIC and OTE

Code:
------| |----------------{ }-----
To copy a value from an Integer or Floating Point location to another location, use a MOV instruction. MOV (Move) is actually incorrect, the instruction places a Copy of the Source into the Destination, and leaves the Source unchanged.

You can use MOV when the source and destination locations are different data-types, the processor will convert if necessary.

e.g. MOV {Float} to {Int} will store the floating point value in the destination rounded to the integer value.

MVM (Move with Mask) is mostly used to transfer specific bits from the source to the destination location. The bits that are moved are determined by the set bits in the mask. That is why MVM is nearly always used when the Source, Mask, and Destination are all of the same data-type.

All of this information (and more) is in the Instruction Help in the RSLogix programming software. Hopefully you can read this help in your native language, which should make it easier for you.