vision assist project

Smaher

Hi all,
I have and upcoming project which i have very little experince with and was looking for some help to get me started.

it is a vision assisted robot project containing a compact logix plc, epson c3 robot and rc 180 controller, and an omron fq2 vision sensor. I plan to communicate between the devices using ethernet.
The vision system will capture and image of the part and do a shape recognition and also capture x y location coordinates of the part. this information will then be relayed to the robot for accurate collection and placement of the part in the next step of the project. Has anyone ever done a project like this before? Is there any guides or manuals available to get me started. Its the ethernet communication that im having most trouble with as i have never done anything like this before. I have used the robot software on and off for the last few months and have limited experience with rs logix 5000.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance