VersaPro Documentation Files

bluenoser337

Hi: I am new working with VersaPro (usually AB and Siemens). I have a number of folders full of GE projects but none appear to have the program documentation when I open VersaPro. Are there specific files in the project folders where the documentation might be (wondering what extensions to search for). Also, is there a way to turn the documentation on and off within VersaPro? Thinking it might be there but I just haven't got it displayed? Thanks!! RB

Are you lacking both the rung comments and the reference names/descriptions, or just the text of the rung comments? It was all too easy in VersaPro to lose the text of rung comments.

If that is what happened you will see text like "COMMENT0", "COMMENT1", etc for each rung comment. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to recover from that condition.

It is possible that whover created the files simply uploaded the ladder logic from the PLC and never had the original programmer's documentation. Open the variable table to see if there are names and reference descriptions for addresses other than %S. If they exist there is a way to define what is displayed in the ladder window, but I don't remember what it steps you need to take to change it. If you don't see any documentation in the variables window there is no point in looking any further.

Hello: I have located another copy that has I/O descriptions in the variable table that appears at the bottom, but those descriptions don't appear in the ladder diagram. Is there a way to display the text in addition to (or instead of) the address? Thanks!!