How to set time at Wonderware

geragai

Dear member,

need help, I have request job from the client to synchronize time between DCS (CS3000) -> PLC (RSLOGIX5000) -> Wonderware.

I have done sending bit status from DCS to PLC for synchronizing time at 03.00 AM, and working correctly. now, I want to PLC synchronize time to wonderware. what script used for this command, to change time on wonderware ?

many thanks for your help,
Geragai

Last edited:
What operating system are you using?...if it's XP is easy:

Create a batch file somewhere on your Wonderware PC, call it TimeSynch.bat or something memorable.

In the batch file:
net time \\timesvr /set /yes

Where 'timesvr' is the computer name for your DCS computer.

Run the batch file at your chosen frequency using 'Scheduled Tasks'

I would not use a PLC as a timemaster.

You should use the PC TimeSync service to set the time, then have either the DCS or the WW PC as the master to sync the others.

The reason why is because i receive date and time from a masterclock to the PLC. I would like to update the computers time from the master clock.

Do you know if it's possible at all?

Best regards

Why can't the Wonderware PC get the time from the master clock?
What exactly is the "master clock"? Is it another PC? Is it on the same LAN as the WW PC?

Is it possible to update the PC time from wonderware intouch?

There's an add on script function that allows you to do this along with a bunch of other time/date related tasks. Sorry I don't remember what it's called.

In Wonderware..you will need "WWDosCommand" script.

Here is the script function library you need.
"WWDosCommand" is part of the Tech Support Script Function Library (wwtechsp.*). Do you have access to this script file? You can download from the WW site.
You should avoid setting the time BACK if the Intouch app does Intouch historical logging, because there is potential for corrupting the historical log files (*.lgh) .

Example:
dim timestring as message;
timestring = Text(hourtag, "00") + ":" + Text(minutestag, "00") + ":" + Text(secondstag, "00");
WWDosCommand("time " + timestring, "INVISIBLE");

It looks like it is just building out the time in string format, then passing that string out to the DOS command to set it to that string. I’m not sure how you’d pull in the values for the time from the PLC (I do not know what PLC you are using). Bt you will need the "hourstag", "minutestag" and "secondstag" from the PLC.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. This will solve my problem. :)

I know it is not the best solution but in this case it is.
Thanks again.

Best regards

Hi Nathan,

This is what I'm looking for, I copied the script and validated.

It was asking me to define 'WWDosCommand'. What type shall be assigned for this?
Or is there any path file to be installed for this to work?

Thanks in Adv.

You need WWTECHSP script function library from WW. Read my post. That file is put in the Intouch directory. You do not have to define WWDosCommand it is inside WQTECHSP file.