abb plc

I used one about 6 months ago on an injection molding machine and I loved it, the one annoying thing is that every time you make an online change you have to remember to create a boot project other wise the next time the power is cycled to it, the project reverts to the previous one, caught me out a couple of times.
I'll definitely be using another one.

Andy

I've become a big CoDeSys fan over the last year and ABB PLCs are programmed using CoDeSys. The major drawback is insuring that you have an up-to-date version of your application otherwise you won't be able to connect to the controller without performing a download. You can't upload an application from the controller either.

With that said there are many applications where I pick CoDeSys programmed PLCs (we mostly use the WAGO 750 and Perspecto) over the big-boys with the expen$ive software. It all depends on your application.

Good luck

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

thanks andy...if u could or someone could provide me a comparison with other company plc's it would be very helpful...thanks...

I've been programming PLC's for about 30 years and and got introduced to CoDeSys by ABB and like Yosi, I'm a massive fan.

I've been programming PLC's for about 30 years and and got introduced to CoDeSys by ABB and like Yosi, I'm a massive fan.

The ability to program devices from over 350 (!) manufacturers is the 1st thing that got me. The next thing is the low cost. The most important thing though is that it's got all of the languages and they all work - it even supports real pointers! So many things that are prohibitively expensive or impossible even with a large PLC are trivial using CoDeSys. How about a PLC that reads and writes to SQL? How about easy protocol programming - serial and TCP/IP? How about a PLC with built-in FTP server, web-server, and the ability to run remote scripts using HTTP? Welcome to a whole new world :)

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)